The Hong Kong Art Exchange Association was established in 2018. It is a non-profit organization formed by a group of artists and educators coming from the field of arts and performance.
Members of the Association have years of professional background experiences from diversified art fields such as visual arts, music, dance, performing arts, youth and children art education, etc. The key members of the Association have been and continue to be involved in the promotion of different arts and exchange development in Hong Kong. They gathered to form the Association with an aim to promote art and cultural exchange for Hong Kong people and students to a broader level, so that more people can take part and share their art creation and performances here.
The Association also hopes to provide a platform for youngsters and children to publish their art works and raise their interests in art through organizing various competitions and exhibitions or exchange programmes with different organizations. Thus, to promote the development of art, culture and creative industries in Hong Kong.
More than 10 countries/regions of Schools, Art Centres and Institution across Asia, including China, Hong Kong, Japan, Korea, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam will be invited.
The Arts Festival includes five elements:
(1) Arts Competition (Painting and Mobile Photography)
(2) Award Presentation Ceremony
(3) Art Expo
(4) Outstanding Artworks Roving Exhibitions
(5) Asia Arts and Cultural Exchange Programme
Our theme this year, Embrace Nature, echoes with the UN’s Sustainable Development Goal 15 - Life on Land. We encourage our youngsters to connect with nature and embrace it, while understanding the importance of protecting the terrestrial ecosystems and biodiversity for sustainable development.
|Arts Competition (Painting & Mobile Photography)
|31 May, 2023 (Extended until June 20)|
|Results Announcement||30 June, 2023|
|Awards Presentation Ceremony||12 – 13 August, 2023|
|Asia Arts & Cultural Exchange Tour
First stop: Hong Kong
Second stop: Pattaya, Thailand
Third Stop: Chiangmai, Thailand
11 – 15 August, 2023
16 – 20 August, 2023
23 – 27 December, 2023
|Outstanding Artworks Roving Exhibition
First stop: Hong Kong City Hall Exhibition Hall
|August – December, 2023
14 – 17 August, 2023
Information on the Cultural Exchange Programme will be released in mid June 2023.
1) Hong Kong Art& Cultural Exchange Day Camp：14/8/2023 (Mon) 10am - 4pm
• Expected no. of Asian participants: 50; HK Region Participants: 50*
• Day camp: Art activities Team Building will be conducted in English (with Putonghua), lunch is included.
2) Pattaya Arts & Cultural Exchange Programme: Expected HK participants: 30 - 50
*Only Arts Festival competition participants are eligible to take part in exchange programme.
· Painting Size: A3(297x420mm) or A2(420x594mm) size
· Flat painting in White paper
· Any form of collage (including glitters) or computer drawings are not accepted
· The entry must be an original art work and not duplicated from any other artworks
· No limitation on mediums and painting methods
· To be drawn and completed by the participant
· Paintings shall not be framed and should not be folded or curled while sending in
· Marks will be deducted if the artwork does not comply with painting format
Jurors will score according to the following criteria: Theme Fitting, Aesthetic Impression, Creativity, Techniques and Composition
【Jury Members】Will be announced later.
· Individual Prizes for each group
· Winner of the Champion, 1st Runner-up and 2nd Runner-up will receive Trophy and Certificate.
·【QPMN】sponsors a box of Artwork Puzzle (285 pieces)
·【TUTUMOMO】sponsors one of the champion winners will receive a bedding set printed with the award-winning artwork (valued at HK$2,300, including 2 pillow bags, 1 bed sheet and 1 duvet cover). The remaining top three winners will receive a personal artwork cushion.
·【THANN】Thai-style luxury spa and products sponsors a cash coupon to all top three winners of each group (valued at HK$200).
· All participants will receive a participation certificate
· Gold Award (5%), Silver Award (15%) and Bronze Award (25%) will receive Medal and Certificate.
· The top 3 winning artworks will be exhibited in the【ROBLOX】Metaverse Virtual Gallery. Participants can invite their friends to visit together and vote their favorite artwork
· Product Sponsor【QPMN】All winners can purchase personal artwork printing Puzzle (285 pieces) at a discounted price.
· Product Sponsor【TUTUMOMO】All winners can purchase personal artwork printing Cushion and Tissue bag at a discounted price
Puzzle (285 pieces): Discounted price HK$150（Original Price: HK$220）
Cushion: Discounted price HK$150（Original Price:HK$220）
Tissue bag: Discounted price HK$90 (Original Price:HK$120）
· Must register as an individual member (Membership Fee: Free)
· Visit website for Online Application and finish payment.
· After completing the registration process, the system will automatically issue the entry number.
· For painting competition, please download the "Artwork Label" and stick on the back of the artwork. Mail or deliver the original artwork to the office of Hong Kong Art Exchange Association. Address: 307A, 3/F, Block B, Chung Mei Centre, 15 Hing Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong.
【School/Art Centre/Institution Group Application】
· Must register as an organization member (Membership Fee: $500/year)
· 10% off for competition enrolment fee
· After completing the registration process, the system will automatically issue the entry number. · For painting competition, please download the "Artwork Label" and stick on the back of the artwork. Mail or deliver the original artwork to the office of Hong Kong Art Exchange Association. Address: 307A, 3/F, Block B, Chung Mei Centre, 15 Hing Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Hong Kong.
【Return of Artwork】
Return of artwork will be arranged by the Organizer after the exhibition. No additional charges to collect artwork from HKAEA designated point.
Delivery fee will be borne by the Participant/School/Art Centre/Institution through delivery courier. Details of arrangement will be announced later.
Address: 307A, 3/F, Block B, Chung Mei Centre, 15 Hing Yip Street, Kwun Tong, Kowloon, Hong Kong.
Business hours: 10:00am - 6:00pm, Tuesday to Saturday (Close on Sunday, Monday and Pubic Holidays)
Lunch Break: 1:15p.m. – 2:15p.m.
【Terms and conditions】