The Hong Kong Art Exchange Association was established in 2018. It is a non-profit organization formed by a group of artists and educators coming from the field of arts and performance.
Members of the Association have years of professional background experiences from diversified art fields such as visual arts, music, dance, performing arts, youth and children art education, etc. The key members of the Association have been and continue to be involved in the promotion of different arts and exchange development in Hong Kong. They gathered to form the Association with an aim to promote art and cultural exchange for Hong Kong people and students to a broader level, so that more people can take part and share their art creation and performances here. The Association also hopes to provide a platform for youngsters and children to publish their art works and raise their interests in art through organizing various competitions and exhibitions or exchange programmes with different organizations. Thus, to promote the development of art, culture and creative industries in Hong Kong.
- Promote arts and cultural activities to enhance children and young people's interest and richness in arts and culture;
- Cultivate children and young people's creativity and appreciation of different art forms' expressions;
- Promote exchanges between Hong Kong and various art and cultural institutions around the world, and broaden the international horizons of children and young people in art;
- Provide a platform for children and young people from all over the world to share and exchange art;
- Provide a platform for art sectors to share and exchange art ideas and experiences.
To achieve these, the Association will:
- organize and promote different youth and children art and cultural activities such as competitions, performances, exhibitions, workshops and exchange programmes;
- organize conferences, lectures, seminars, workshops, exhibitions and other activities to allow people from different art sectors to share and exchange ideas and experiences and provide training and practical opportunities for those who are interested in art development.